Leland Community Church believes in being an externally focused church, taking our church into the community and showing that, through Christ, the world can be made a better place. We live in and through the power of God and the love of Jesus Christ. If you’re interested in using your skills and passion helping those in the larger Leland community, contact us and start serving today!
The Outreach Committee strives to provide tangible opportunities to be God’s hands and feet in Leelanau County, our state, our country, and the world. God has given each of us special talents, passions, and resources to help others. Many in our congregation volunteer in a variety of community activities. Members strive to serve others and show God’s love beyond our church doors.
Organizations with year-round opportunities:
- Leelanau Christian Neighbors (LCN) | www.leelanauchristianneighbors.org
- Samaritans Closet | www.leelanauchristianneighbors.org
- Safe Harbor (homeless shelter in TC) | www.gtsafeharbor.org
- Central Methodist Community Outreach Program Lunches | www.tccentralumc.org
- 5Loaves2Fish LCUMC Outreach
- Art and Soul North
International Organization needing year-round support
- Kids First Uganda (School Scholarships, Music Education, Youth Soccer, Women’s Sewing, and Beautician Training) | www.kidsfirstuganda.com
Local Organizations with Seasonal Opportunities
- Bridge (tutoring and mentoring) Program at Leland Public School | www.lelandschool.com
- Mentoring Program at the Leland Public School | www.lelandschool.com
- Aids (non-classroom) at the Leland Public School | www.lelandschool.com
- Teacher’s assistants at the Leland Public School | www.lelandschool.com
Northport Indian United Methodist Church
On the third Saturday of May each year Leland Community Church teams with members of the Northport Indian United Methodist Church, and Central Methodist Church to help with the spring clean-up of the Northport Indian United Methodist Church, campground and cemetery. https://northportindianumc.org
CROP Hunger Walk is an interfaith march to alleviate hunger worldwide and is sponsored by the Church World Service. The CROP Walk against Hunger is typically be held in October.